- I can’t even begin to tell you just how excited I am about the return of The Walking Dead this weekend. I’m proud to say that I’ve been a fan of the show since Season 1, so to see the success it has had over the past few seasons is very rewarding. I know where the comics go in terms of storyline, so I’m really looking forward to seeing where the show ends up (the writers normally blend the comic storylines with their own).
- The new Ted 2 trailer came out late last week. I honestly don’t know if a trailer has made me this excited to see the movie since Guardians came out last year. I really enjoyed the first movie but thought that a sequel would suck. But I can’t lie…this looks awesome!
- I was really impressed by the SuperBowl last weekend. I mean, I wasn’t really rooting for either team…I just wanted a competitive game. Little did I realize that it would have ended up being one of the most exciting SuperBowl finishes in history! But people…you need to sit back and realize why Pete Carroll ordered that passing play. Everybody’s whining about having Marshawn Lynch and not trying to punch the ball into the end zone. Here’s the deal: there were only 62 seconds left in the game, they were on 2nd down, and only had one timeout left. Let’s say they try to punch it in with Lynch and fail the first time. Now you’re at 3rd & inches with the clock ticking away. Do you take the timeout now? Do you risk everything and try another run and hope there’s still time left to run again on 4th down? While you ponder that, I think it’s also important to note that Lynch tried to punch in a goal-line run five times during the 2015 season, yet he only scored once. So just put this play in perspective and ease up on calling this “the worst call in SuperBowl history”. From a football standpoint, it made sense.
- The new season of Game of Thrones is only a couple of months away, so I was really excited to see the new trailer “leak” online last week, too:
- Somebody needs to explain to me why Velvet Sky isn’t working with either TNA or WWE at the moment. I mean, I guess I can understand WWE because they like to mold their folks from Day One, but Sky is not only gorgeous she can work a decent match, too. Add to that her personality and potential fun with Bubba Ray on Total Divas and you would think they’d be all over her as a free agent. And as far as TNA goes, I just don’t understand why somebody like Rebel is working where Sky isn’t. No offense to Rebel or anything, but Sky’s a fixture in TNA with a ton of fans who can stay in the Knockout Division mix. How she’s not currently working right now is a damn shame.
- Alice Cooper turned 67 on Wednesday. I had the pleasure of seeing him during his “Trash the World” tour back in 1989, at the height of his “comeback” popularity. From beginning to end, it was a fantastic concert and brings us this week’s Song of the Week: