- SUPER excited to see the new Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer on Wednesday. There’s a bit more storyline and some new footage thrown in there, but the biggest pop I gave was for the first glimpse of Vision that they supplied at the end. I’m REALLY looking forward to this movie.
- There has been a lot of online commentary from the wrestling community this week about WWE trainer Bill DeMott. A number of former trainees came out to give their opinions on DeMott’s bullying, racism, and homophobic comments. Former NXT talents Ryan Nemeth, Chase Donovan, Kevin Matthews, Judas Devlin, & Ethan Carter III. There have also been comments made from Ricardo Rodriguez, Trent Baretta, and Joey Ryan about the situation. Does this mean it’s true? No…but where there is smoke, there is usually fire. WWE’s reply is that they did a full investigation when the allegations were initially made, but the former NXT talents refute those claims. I certainly don’t know what went on, but things aren’t looking good for DeMott right now. WWE needs to nip this in the bud quickly so that it goes away. There is a reason #FireDeMott is trending, and that’s not good.
- Coming soon to Orlando, Florida: the world’s tallest roller coaster. I’ll be honest here…I can’t say “FUCK NO” enough times after watching this video. OMG…I’d have to already be dead to ride this.
- Can I just say that Ronda Rousey is just that much hotter after her dominating win last weekend? Add in the fact that she’s a massive pro wrestling fan and it makes her just THAT MUCH HOTTER!!
- As a massive Rex Ryan fan, I was supremely disappointed when he was cut by the New York Jets earlier this year. My issue was that it wasn’t his fault that the team went to hell; his general manager fucked him over and he was left with the drizzling shits for an NFL team with scattered talent here and there. So now I’m both a Jets fan (ugh), but also now a Buffalo Bills fan. And as such, you can understand my excitement to know that both RB Lesean “Shady” McCoy and QB Matt Cassell were traded to the Bills this week. Now you’ve got solid veterans behind centre and in the backfield to add to their exciting wideouts and already solid defense. I should be a very interesting year for Bills fans. Now I just gotta buy myself a hat…
- The latest rumours going around are that Samoa Joe will soon sign an NXT contract. This intrigues me because, quite frankly, I never thought in a million years that WWE would take a serious look at Joe at this point in his career. The guy is 35 and at the tail end of his pretty decent career. Can he still offer something unique and different to the wrestling landscape? Absolutely, yes…but I just don’t know if he’ll be given a legitimate chance to shine. Plus…and this may sound mean…he’s not in the best shape of his career by any stretch. Having said that, if he goes hardcore like Kevin Owens and drops some weight, there is absolutely a way for WWE to do something with Joe that could work within their system. It’s going to be a very interesting 2015 in NXT.
- Song of the week comes from Iron Maiden. Their lead singer, Bruce Dickinson, has been battling cancer and (hopefully) is on the road to remission. Having lost my mom to cancer a few years ago, I only wish Dickinson the best.