We’re less than two weeks away from WrestleMania and WWE is stumbling their way along. How will they respond to a brutal show last week? Let’s find out…
– Randy Orton starts off the show with a sit-down interview with Michael Cole (from last week, apparently). They show Orton decimating Seth Rollins last week and sending him out on a stretcher. He says that he will show up at RAW, spit in Rollins’ face, and challenge him to a match at WrestleMania.
BUT WHY??? He already beat the shit out of him last week…what’s the point of having a match when you’ve already gotten your revenge? Why should I give a rat’s ass about Orton challenging Rollins to a match now?
– The Authority is in the ring. Seth Rollins has the mic and claims he was betrayed and screwed over last week. He is disgusted by the whole situation. Rollins then agreed to a match at WrestleMania, but only if Orton agreed to face him in the ring tonight.
I know there’s gotta be a catch here…because why in the blue hell would I even entertain the thought of watching them wrestle at Mania if they’re going to wrestle here tonight??
– Randy Orton then comes out and says that if he makes it through tonight and gets to WrestleMania, he’ll end the future of WWE. I just…I don’t understand the thought process here. After last Monday and tonight, I have ZERO desire to watch them wrestle. It’s just silly.
Jesus…that’s your money line?
– AJ Lee and Paige make their way to the ring. The Bellas come out next. We’re about to watch Nikki take on AJ. It’s sad that this feud has the best build-up of any for WrestleMania. This was a pretty decent match that ended with Paige & Bella getting into it on the outside, causing a distraction that led to Nikki pinning AJ.
– Big Show and Kane were arguing backstage about who is better in bed (or some shit), when Seth Rollins came out and tried to get them to settle down by calling them stupid. At this point, Kane and Show kinda turned babyface on Rollins…telling him that they enjoyed his beatdown last week and calling him an entitled brat (or some shit). I know they’re trying to promote the eventual implosion of The Authority, but it just seems boring and lackluster to me.
– Rusev had a contract signing with the USA-pandering John Cena.
At this point I had to turn RAW off. I mean…I just couldn’t. I’m done.
I mean…I tried. I even DVR’d the rest of the show so I could watch this morning. The problem is that I read the recap on WWE.com and NOTHING stood out to me. I don’t even give a shit about the appearance of Sting to help Randy Orton at the end of the show. I mean…who cares?
I dunno…I’m looking forward to a post-WrestleMania RAW more than anything else. That’s when you normally have debuts and new storylines and roster cuts. It’s usually the most exciting time of the year.