- Listen…I’m no fan of the Kardashians (in fact, I wish they’d all move to Afghanistan and fuck off forever), and putting the entire family on television for the world to scrutinize was a pretty messed-up money play by Bruce and Kris Jenner…but enough is enough as far as Bruce is concerned. This is a guy that, for whatever reason, wants to be a woman. Listen…I’m not one to judge; go do whatever makes you happy in life. I just can’t imagine the difficult world that Jenner will face, especially knowing that he’s a celebrity and that the world is watching him right now. It’s the choice he made, though. I kinda feel bad for him on one hand, but on the other hand he brought all this attention on himself. I have no sympathy for self-inflicted wounds.
- I was pretty excited to finally see what Vision would look like in the new Avengers: Age of Ultron movie. At this point, though…I’m not entirely sure I’m sold on the look.
- As a fan of the sport of professional wrestling, I was super-stoked to find out that The Kingdom (i.e. Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) won the IWGP tag team championships from the Bullet Club (i.e. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows). I’ve been a fan of Bennett for a few years now and have recently been impressed by the abilities of Taven. For them, winning the IWGP titles were a lifelong dream. You could tell by their reactions to winning just how much this meant to them. What’s been interesting, though, has been their responses to the numerous online haters that they have (and apparently, they have quite a few). I’ve really been enjoying their social media this past week. Here are just a few of the responses they’ve made…
- Mad Men returned for their final run last weekend. I gotta say, though…I wasn’t impressed. They were trying to be overly artsy with the beginning and the end of the show, but the whole thing left me feeling flat. I hope they can regain momentum before ending what has been a spectacularly interesting series.
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…Pro Wrestling Guerilla has the BEST in-ring action (and arguably the best wrestling crowds) in North America. If you don’t believe me, just watch their latest promo:
- I gotta say…I’m excited about the return of Game of Thrones this weekend. After The Walking Dead ended, I wasn’t sure what I would do. Thankfully, GoT is back and it looks to be another helluva fun ride.
- Remember when I spoke of how much I loved Meerkat after using it for a few times? Sorry, Meerkat…I’m already firmly on the Periscope bandwagon now. It’s a slightly better interface and everybody seems to be jumping ship (some entertainers are using both, figuring out which one lasts longer, I suppose). It’s incredible to watch and interact with people from around the world. I suppose it’s really what the Internet was made for.
- Song of the week comes from one of my all-time favourite 80’s bands: Twisted Sister. The band is one of the very few that has stayed together in the exact same line-up for over 30 years. They lost their drummer, AJ Pero, back on March 20th. This week they announced one final tour to celebrate 40 years together (including two tribute concerts to benefit Pero’s family). I’ve seen a lot of bands over the years get worse and worse (just check out Van Halen on Jimmy Kimmel or Ellen from last week). But check out this clip from 2011 when the band did their classic anthem “We’re Not Gonna Take It” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. Everything is there…the vocals, the arrangement, and the fun. RIP AJ. Rock on, Twisted Sister.