- So David Letterman retired last week. I used to watch the shit out of his show once he switched over to CBS and was NEVER a Jay Leno fan. I stopped watching over the years, but there were a lot of memorable moments for me watching that show in the 90’s. Will Stephen Colbert do well in his place? It’s hard to say, but Colbert has a LOT to go up against with Jimmy Fallon going viral on YouTube every other day. The guy has completely reinvented the late night talk show genre and made it cool to watch again. It’s going to take quick the effort to get me to switch over from Fallon at this point.
- I’ve seen the Courtney Stodden “sex tape” and I gotta say: I’m not impressed. Sure, the girl gets naked and shoves things up her hoo-haw, but trust me when I say that very little of what she does on the tape is considered “hot”. Her lips are over-inflated and so are her breasts. It’s a damn shame, too, because she was SMOKIN’ hot a couple of years ago. But now she’s more interested in trying to look all “glam” instead of just being naturally hot. Too much make-up and too much 80’s-style “look at how glamorous I am” facial expressions into the camera. It just comes off as completely fake…like most of her body.
- Obviously, there is still a LOT of talk going on about the possibly dropping of TNA Impact Wrestling from Destination America, especially after Wednesday’s announcement that Ring of Honor would begin airing on Wednesday evenings before Impact beginning in June. TNA management said on a last-second conference call that many did not know about the network decision and can’t speak of the network due to contract obligations. Destination America has not publicly said anything one way or the other in reference to the rumours, so it’s been a crazy couple of weeks if you’re an employee of the TNA right now. I’m super happy for ROH as I’ve been a fan for over a decade. Between their television and their live attendance, I’d dare say they are now the official #2 promotion in North America…though NXT is hot on their trail.
- I remember the first Point Break movie. I’ve seen it at least a dozen times over the course of my life. I thought Patrick Swayze was fantastic in the role and even Keanu Reaves did a legit job as “Johnny Utah”. But now there’s a remake and, while the action is global and looks impressive, I’m discouraged to see the name Point Break attached to the movie itself. I hate that it’s a “remake”. I don’t even like the main character and have zero idea who the actor is. I think they’ve potentially got a big box office bomb on their hands with this one. But don’t take my word for it, check it out yourself…
- Had the chance to watch all three episodes of Corey Graves’ new WWE Network show, Culture Shock. While I think his description of the premise of the show isn’t really apt for the show itself, I like the idea. Listen…a lot of young WWE fans are nerds and geeks at heart, so to see Graves visit Marvel Comics or a Star Wars convention is a cool thing for people like me (and, I’m sure, other WWE fans) to watch. Hopefully WWE sends him to various things like that all over the world, because it could really be a fun show to watch. The only problem right now is that the show is just REALLY short. At under 10 minutes, it’s more like a YouTube webisode than a WWE Network program. Boost it to 30 minutes and now you’ve got something worth spending money on.
- Depending on who you want to believe, Tammy “Sunny” Sytch is in the process of signing a 6-figure deal with Vivid Video for a series of adult movies starring her. It’s a shame that somebody who has bragged about being so smart has now got to resort to this in order to make some money. I’m certainly not against pornography (I’m a huge fan, in fact…lol), but you normally get into it at 18 or 19 years old. You don’t normally have a superstar career, blow all your money, and then have to resort to porn as a way to pay the bills. I just hope that she loses enough weight to make the video worth watching. I mean, she’ll never be “90’s Sunny” again, but she’s still a very attractive woman (the photo at right is from March 2015). So yes…I’m definitely watching it (I pretty much have to, don’t I?), but I’m not overly optimistic. ESPECIALLY after Chyna’s “back-door” video. **shudder**
- Ummm…I knew that Dolph Ziggler was a legit fan of Britney Spears, but I never suspected he’d do something like this!
- Two quick notes about next week: (1) With the rumours swirling around about TNA’s possible cancellation from Destination America, I’ve got a realistic look at who WWE may or may not pick up for NXT and why on Canadian Bulldog’s World (look for a post on Monday), and (2) I’ve got predictions for this Sunday’s Elimination Chamber PPV being posted here on Sunday morning. It really looks to be an interesting and entertaining show.
- This week’s Song Of The Week is a classic from the 80’s. I mean, they just don’t make music like this anymore. Whether or not that’s a good or bad thing is subjective. It’s “Nothin’ But A Good Time” by one of my all-time favourite bands, Poison!