– Why all the hate for Sheamus? I mean, I get that he’s not everybody’s cup of tea. Hell…up until his most recent run, I wasn’t really much of a fan, either. But I really enjoy the guy’s look with the mohawk and beard “thing”. He’s unique and different and unlike anything else right now in wrestling. That’s a GOOD thing. The other thing is that his matches have been SOLID since his return. Maybe it’s his opponents, maybe not…but Sheamus has been giving us quality performances every time out. He doesn’t phone it in and is out to change the minds of his haters. I can respect that. Oh…and there was this interesting piece of information that he tweeted this week:
– TMZ confirmed something most people thought anyway but didn’t have any proof of: Bill Cosby ADMITTED that he bought Quaaludes and used Benadryl to knock out at least one woman. Apparently, during a deposition for the sexual assault lawsuit a Temple University employee filed against him back in 2005, he admitted this information and the documents were released this week to prove it. He eventually settled the case for an undisclosed amount of money. I mean…holy shit, what a douchebag. I can’t believe I used to look up to this guy back in my youth. He’s a fuckin’ loser. I hope he gets blacklisted from Hollywood and rots in hell.
– So the Vaudvillains are the # 1 contenders to the NXT tag team championships. I don’t quite understand this one. Was the feud between the champions (Blake & Murphy) and the tag combination of Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady over? I mean, they proved they could beat the champions and only interference cost them the titles, yet the Vaudvillains have been given the next chance to be in the tag team spotlight. No offense to them, but unless the plan is to either (a) break the team of Enzo & Colin up or (b) promote the “Realest Guys in the Room” to the main roster, it makes no sense at all. They’re the most over team in the promotion and the storyline hasn’t concluded yet…so why pull the rug out?
– I’ll admit, I don’t know much about Goosebumps. Having said that, the movie trailer looks like a lot of fun.
– I’m glad that Baron Corbin‘s matches are so short right now. I mean, the guy is big and strong and tatted up, but he really doesn’t carry much charisma at this point and, seemingly, can’t wrestle his way out of a paper bag. It’s just another example of someone being given the ball who hasn’t quite learned how to catch yet. He may get there, but not for awhile. Size doesn’t mean everything.
– One of the new Star Wars Anthology movies will apparently be one about a young Han Solo. I dunno…I’m not really feeling this. I mean, I grew up with Han Solo…he was my hero when I was a kid. Now we’re going to get a “prequel” of sorts featuring some young actor in his role? Listen…I can go with the rumours of Chris Pratt in the running for a new Indiana Jones because that seems like a great match. I just don’t know if I can picture anybody else portraying Han Solo with the same personality and swagger. I love the idea of Anthology movies expanding upon the Star Wars universe…I’m just not a fan of this particular idea.
– So recently wrestling fanboy fantasies came true and this happened in Los Angeles…– If you’re going to play with fireworks, be careful. If you’re a professional sports player who gets paid millions and is hoping to sign a new big-time contract, don’t fucking play with fireworks AT ALL. Apparently NY Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul had to have his right index finger AMPUTATED on Wednesday because of injuries sustained during a July 4th celebration at his home in Florida. NFL.com reported that the Giants revoked their $60 million long-term contract offer earlier in the week. Dude…thanks for being a dumb-ass and making the rest of us feel normal for a day.
– The “word on the street” is that both Charlotte and Sasha Banks are expected to make their debuts helping Paige against Team Bella at Survivor Series. From what I’ve read in numerous reports, Bayley was expected to help Charlotte but because of her broken hand, the spot is going to Banks. I’m not sure how I feel about this because I have yet to see Banks play her character as a babyface. She’s an incredible heel and I’m concerned that WWE will mess up her debut. On the plus side, both Charlotte and Banks deserve to be on the main roster and I can’t wait to see them both tear things up and give the Divas division a shot in the arm.
– It’s been a helluva crazy week. I mean…FFS. Sometimes life just sucks the energy right out of you. I’m sick of everybody at this point. I just want to hang out with my son all weekend, eat junk food, play video games, watch wrestling, and catch a movie or two. So my Song of the Week comes from GWAR and it exactly how I’m feeling today.