– Right out of the gate, let me just say how incredible last weekend was if you’re a wrestling fan (or more specifically, a WWE fan). NXT: Takeover Brooklyn was a phenomenal event and SummerSlam didn’t disappoint. And while I may have been less than thrilled with the storyline execution of RAW (it’ll be tough trying to get momentum going again for Team PCB over the coming weeks), it didn’t take away from two nights of excellent wrestling. For me, the MVP has to be Kevin Owens. From a fantastic ladder match with Finn Bálor to a great performance with Cesaro…Owens rocked both events and proved why he belongs in the upper echelon of WWE superstars. Overall, though, there were very few weak performances and everybody worked their assess off.
– Sometimes I really worry for the future of my son when insane fucktards do something like that psycho did to those two reporters yesterday. I mean, I can never understand what it’s like to be racially discriminated against, but from what I’ve read this had very little to do with race and everything to do with Vester Lee Flanagan II (who went by the name Bryce Williams on television) being an absolutely insane person. Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that the two victims actually did use racial slurs against Flanagan during the 11 months he worked at WDBJ in Virginia.
Did THAT justify him shooting both of them live, on the air, in cold blood? Sorry…but I’ll go out on a limb and say “no”. And it’s scary as hell to not only see this on live television (shown on the video below), but to also see the video he uploaded on his goddamn GoPro camera (not shown in the video below). The guy pointed his gun first and then backed off…like he was waiting for a reaction first or was hesitant about what he was going to do. But once he started, he went all out and actually tried to escape. I feel horrific for not only the friends and family of those who were murdered, but also for anybody who happened to watch this live initially. That’s got to be a moment that won’t leave your memory any time soon.
Here’s the scary question, though: What’s next?
– I’ve never been a massive fan of Xavier Woods. I didn’t care for gimmick in TNA, I didn’t care for his work in NXT, and I certain wasn’t impressed when he took over as the dancing fool for Brodus Clay. However, I can unquestionably say that I’m a massive fan of his. And no…it’s not just his work in the New Day that has allowed me to jump on his bandwagon. What did it for me was his YouTube channel: UpUpDownDown. And here’s the thing…I’m not even a gamer!! I rarely play games at all and don’t know half of the games he plays. The thing is that he makes the videos really interesting and a lot of fun to watch.
I really enjoy his Gamer Gauntlets, which usually involves other WWE superstars and a “punishment” that must be dished out to the loser at the end…
I also enjoy his solo outings in the Jump Scares videos, which is basically watching him get scared while playing…
If you have a few minutes, I would highly recommend checking the channel out. If not, continue to enjoy his incredible work as the primary mouthpiece of the current (and reigning 2x) WWE tag team champions, the most entertaining act on the entire WWE roster, the New Day!!!
– I’m pretty sure I’m not alone when I say that the debut of Fear The Walking Dead was pretty damn successful. I was super impressed with how they introduced the primary characters as a dysfunctional blended family. As a father in a blended family, I know how tough that can be without the impending zombie apocalypse to worry about. Travis (Cliff Curtis) is dealing with a blended family where the kids don’t particularly like him…including his own. That’s tough and gives me a sense of what type of person Travis is. He’s this incredibly awesome teacher (as noted in a scene of him at the school) and is trying to be an awesome father-figure, as we see when he is trying to talk with Nick (Frank Dillane) at the hospital. But somewhere along the way he’s failing and that means he’s flawed, we’ll eventually find out why (Rick from The Walking Dead has flaws, as well…but we never really knew him from before the apocalypse started, so we’re only getting “Reactionary Rick”…a personality strictly based on how he’s reacting to the new world around him).
What makes The Walking Dead so great isn’t just the zombies; it’s the character development. It didn’t start off that way because show creators wanted to shock people into watching by hitting the ground running. Fear The Walking Dead is taking the opposite approach because everybody knows what’s going to happen, so we need to actually care about the people who are entering that situation if the show is to succeed. It’s a “slow burn” process that is unlike anything else the zombie genre has seen before. I, for one, am solidly on board.
– While it didn’t garner a lot of headlines, I was pretty disappointed in Paige for what happened after her segments on RAW this past Monday night. Was the crowd disrespectful? Yeah, but there was a reason for that. The horrific segment with Team PCB and Miz is what caused the crowd to become super-uninterested. It wasn’t the fault of the performers, but rather whatever writers scripted the terrible dialogue because the message was completely lost. Add to that the extremely untalented Bellas wrestling the very talented PCB and you’ve got an extremely restless crowd who are tired of seeing untalented bimbos thrown at them when they want to see WRESTLING. Still…Paige shouldn’t have gone off on the fans and, instead, should have recognized the reason for the fans’ reactions.
– Ummm…sinkholes are becoming more and more of a “thing” and, quite frankly, it’s scaring the shit out of me. Seriously…why is this happening? I can see the occasional one-off happening, but these things are happening all over the place. This video is scary as hell. WTF??
– If you ever doubted the possibility of bringing Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady (and perhaps Carmella, too) up to the main roster from NXT, all you have to do is hear the Brooklyn crowd’s ovation for these two to see how “over” they are. Was it a hometown crowd? Sure…but they had a very similar reaction in San Jose and are over pretty much everywhere they go. I can’t wait to see them grow and evolve on the main roster. Bring ’em up now!!
– While not exactly the super-long new movie trailer that I was hoping for, the Star Wars Instagram account provided everyone with a new tidbit to feed off of while waiting in the meantime…
What in the hell is Finn, a former stormtrooper, doing holding a lightsaber!!??? Not only is that an incredibly intriguing bit of storyline, but then there’s the assembled First Order shot at the beginning:
– I’m far from the most “politically correct” person in the world, but even I think that these costumes are ridiculously offensive. I mean…seriously? A Caitlyn Jenner outfit AND “Miss-ter Olympic” wig??? Wow. And don’t get me started on the “lion killer dentist” costume. This is insane. Any guy who wears these outfits on Halloween deserves to get bitch-slapped by everybody at the party. Twice.
– I wasn’t exactly looking forward to the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie until I saw the first official photo of Michael Fassbender as the lead character. Maybe…just maybe…we’ll actually end up with a video game adaptation that doesn’t suck. It’s long overdue…
– I’ve already written on this blog just how blown away I was by Marvel’s Daredevil Season One on Netflix. This was a series that I had low expectations for, but was extremely impressed by (a) how realistic the characters were, (b) just how incredibly Emmy-worthy the acting of Vincent D’Onofrio was (wait…why am I actually rooting for the Kingpin to win here???), and (c) the violence was turned up a notch from the PG-rated Marvel Universe movies. It wasn’t just “gritty”, it was a PG-16 rated program that kicked serious ass. Something I didn’t realize, however, was just how many special effects were used for the show. Even a ton of scenes that were full of what I thought were practical effects have actually turned out to be special effects, as noted by the awesome behind-the-scenes special effects video shown in the link below. If you haven’t seen Daredevil yet, I highly recommend you do!
Daredevil: ‘Behind the Visual Effects’ https://vid.me/XOIA
– Oh Miley…why do people hate you so much?
I’ll tell you and I’d say it to your face: It’s because you’re a celebrity-hungry no-talent fame-whore. You’re fugly and can only get people interested or talking about you when you decide to get naked. It’s all you can do (much like those goddamn Kardashian no-talent bitches). I’m so fucking sick of you and the Kardashians and Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan all trying to get by for being famous instead of doing something that deserves the celebrity attention! There are SOOOOO many talented and beautiful women in the entertainment industry, it’s baffling why more attention isn’t taken away from some non-entity like Cyrus and placed on them instead. Jesus…this just pissed me off.
– And because of this last diatribe of mine, I’ve decided that Song of the Week should reflect how I’m feeling. I just want to bang my fucking head against the wall every single time I see a story on some undeserving no-talent hack. So here we go with one of my all-time favourite songs “Metal Health (Bang Your Head)” by Quiet Riot.