I hesitated to even put Velvet Sky on this list because it appeared as though Sky retired from the ring in 2016. But here’s the thing…I fully believe that if WWE asked Sky to join-up with Bubba Ray Dudley (or Bully Ray) for a singles run in the company, she’d re-join the squared circle in a heartbeat. Until then, I’ll just continue to hope and pray that Sky is still an active performer and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Let’s face it…this combination of strength, beauty, and nerdiness makes her a wrestling fan’s dream come true!
I’m an Instagram guy who loves the sight of a beautiful woman. Put those two things together and you’ve got a reason to post hot pics of hot chicks. I mean…why not? So I figure this is going to be a new regular post from me (during a time that I don’t have a ton of time to write columns). I’ll be posting a combination of wrestling divas, models, and celebrities.
If you have any accounts that you think I should follow, just let me know. In the meantime…
"Shades of Velvet" by @leesouthphotos 📸 My pink electrical tape shoot completes the white and black tape shoots I have done in the past. Electrical tape application, hair and makeup by @makeupbycarolinevh 💋💄She nailed this look for me. 🔥🔥 Thanks to Lee and Caroline for this shoot. They are both so amazing and talented and I'm lucky to have such a great team!! This limited edition signed poster is now available at RatedV.net and there's only a limited amount available. #velvetsky #pink #electricaltape #daretobesexy #RatedV
Morning Loves🌞 . Realize how lucky we are. Really how blessed. Because we had our health. We are alive. I believe gratitude is nothing more than realizing that every single thing we have we could just as easily not have. . #happythursday don't forget to Smile😃💋 . Photo: @ohrangutang . Makeup: @cristinapilo . #throwbackthursday #tt #bikini #summer #vfit #thongbooty
Be #strong when you're weak. Be #brave when you're scared. Be #humble when you're victorious. Be #badass everyday. #RealTalk 👊🏼👊🏼💋 This signed photo now available in poster form at RatedV.net Limited edition with only a limited amount of prints available. Photo by @leesouthphotos 📸 Tape application, hair and makeup by @makeupbycarolinevh 💄👠 #VelvetSky #RatedV #DaretobeSexy #pinkismysignaturecolor #allpinkeverything #knockout #pinklips #pinkheels #pinkboxinggloves #pinkelectricaltape
Born Jamie Lynn Szantyr in New Britain, Connecticut, the performer now known as Velvet Sky has had an extremely successful career and has, arguably, only gotten hotter with age. After training at the House of Pain Pro Wrestling Dojo, Sky debuted in 2004 as Talia Madison and teamed-up with April Hunter to form a tag team known as (no guessing required) T & A. She wrestled primarily on the independents before joining TNA in 2007. Her run with Angelina Love as “The Beautiful People” has been one of the most successful women’s factions in wrestling history. She has held multiple titles but is best known as a 2-time TNA Knockouts champion.
Currently Sky is back with TNA, returning after being “fired” from the company following a very strange “Feast or Fired” briefcase outcome (it’s TNA…it’s always bound to be strange in some way). She is dating fellow wrestler Mark “Bully Ray/Bubba Dudley” LoMonaco and can be found all over the country at wrestling conventions and events. She also is continually releasing posters and other merchandise on her website, creating a successful following in spite of never having been a contracted performer with WWE.
Trivia Notes: Sky competed in various programs while in high school (cheerleading, softball, football, and track). She has dated wrestlers previously (including Gregory “Hurricane” Helms and Chris Sabin). In 2010, she was a contestant on an all-TNA episode of Family Feud. Ultimately, though, she is simply one of the hottest women the world of professional wrestling has ever seen. If you want to see even more of her, definitely check her out at RatedV.net!
- First and foremost, I’d like to offer my sincerest condolences to the family of Virgil Runnels, aka “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes. Obviously, this passing has sent shockwaves throughout the wrestling community. You will be hard pressed to hear people say bad words about the legend, which speaks volumes to just what kind of person he was. Rest in power, Dream.
- Luke Harper and Erick Rowan have now got a devastating finishing maneuver for their team. They’re now doing a 3D and calling it “The Way”. In terms of gimmicks, that’s a GREAT name. I mean… “Let us show you The Way”…it’s brilliant, actually. And then, on Monday night, Bubba/Bully Ray tweeted out a little worked jab at the newly reformed team:
To prove this was a work, Harper responded.
I don’t know about you, but I would LOVE to see the Dudleyz make one last run in WWE. It’s fitting, really.
- Although, as I’ve said before, I think Bully Ray (along with Velvet Sky) would be a KILLER combination for a singles run. I mean, if they could reinvent “Bradshaw” of the APA to become “JBL”, then why can’t they reinvent Dudley? He was amazing during his heel title reign in TNA. He could be the “Bully Ray” character with a new name. It just makes sense to me to give this guy…who is a born heel that can whip up a crowd into a frenzy…another shot as a solo guy in WWE. I know he has said that it wouldn’t work because he doesn’t think WWE Creative would let him run with the mic as he has done elsewhere, but if anybody out there has earned that right…it’s probably him.
- Count Dooku passed away this week. Sir Christopher Lee was 93 years old when he did in hospital. Y’know, I can’t feel bad for the guy. I’m sad for the loss, I suppose, but anyone who has lived over 90 years and has done things that Lee has done; well…they’ve had a helluva life so good on them. He’ll forever been known for his roles in Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings movies, so that’s a lasting legacy that he can always be proud of.
- Can somebody tell me the appeal of both Baron Corbin and Mojo Rawley down in NXT? I mean, Corbin is big and has a unique look but he’s far from “the future” at this point. I just don’t see it. And Rawley? I dunno…this guy needs a major gimmick overhaul STAT. The whole “stay hyped” gimmick is ridiculous. Teaming him with Zack Ryder isn’t doing him any favours…though being on NXT might up Ryder’s “coolness quotient” a few points.
- Why in the blue hell is Minority Report a television series? I mean, I really enjoyed the movie (produced by Steven Spielberg and starting Tom Cruise) and thought it was a brilliantly made film. But other than the concept of solving crimes using visions so they are stopped before they actually happen, is there any more plot to this? Didn’t the movie tie things up in a nice, little bow? This is supposed to be a sequel, of sorts, to the movie…where pre-crime has been abolished but one of the “twins” still has visions and wants to help people. Apparently, Spielberg himself gave the show his stamp of approval after seeing the pilot, so maybe I should give it a shot. It just seems to unnecessary.
- I read a recent column online that happened to mention how they believed that “nobody gave a shit” about the Lucha Dragons. Having an 8-year-old son and having attended a live event recently, I gotta say that’s just not the case. Hell…look at the people in the stands doing that “lucha lucha” arm movement thingy. Are they Steve Austin? No, but they’re far more over than the majority of the tag teams in WWE right now.
- Chris Pratt is quickly becoming my favourite actor. It’s not just because he’s done great in his roles so far, but his personality makes him seem like a guy you’d want to go grab a beer with on a Friday night after a long week at work. Recently, after attending the Jurassic World premiere in Hollywood, he jumped on stage and joined Jimmy Buffett for a rendition of “Margaritaville”.
I mean, how cool is that? Not a current reference, you say? I totally understand. That’s why I love this remix of his free-flow version of “Forgot About Dre”.
- The word on the street is that Disney’s latest flick, Tomorrowland, is such a disaster that the company will end up losing $140 million. From what I’ve heard, it’s not because the movie is terrible but rather because it’s just not a movie that seems to appeal with the general public. Although I can practically guarantee that if Dwayne Johnson starred in the movie, it would have made a profit (no offense, George Clooney).
- Song of the Week is from Mark Ronson, the DJ who brought the world the annoyingly catchy “Uptown Funk” with Bruno Mars. His follow-up single includes Mars as a collaborator, but features one of the coolest-sounding rappers of all time: Mystikal. Seriously…the only person who can say “fuck” in a cooler way is Samuel L. Jackson. There’s just something awesome about his voice and his inflection when he raps that I totally mark out for. And judging by this live performance below, he’s not some weak-ass studio performer, either.
My weekly column is up over at Canadian Bulldog’s World. What if you were given unlimited funds to pick up the best free agents on the market to start off your own promotion? Would you go all-youth or would you put together some veterans, as well? It’s not as easy as you think…
- I can’t even begin to tell you just how excited I am about the return of The Walking Dead this weekend. I’m proud to say that I’ve been a fan of the show since Season 1, so to see the success it has had over the past few seasons is very rewarding. I know where the comics go in terms of storyline, so I’m really looking forward to seeing where the show ends up (the writers normally blend the comic storylines with their own).
- The new Ted 2 trailer came out late last week. I honestly don’t know if a trailer has made me this excited to see the movie since Guardians came out last year. I really enjoyed the first movie but thought that a sequel would suck. But I can’t lie…this looks awesome!
- I was really impressed by the SuperBowl last weekend. I mean, I wasn’t really rooting for either team…I just wanted a competitive game. Little did I realize that it would have ended up being one of the most exciting SuperBowl finishes in history! But people…you need to sit back and realize why Pete Carroll ordered that passing play. Everybody’s whining about having Marshawn Lynch and not trying to punch the ball into the end zone. Here’s the deal: there were only 62 seconds left in the game, they were on 2nd down, and only had one timeout left. Let’s say they try to punch it in with Lynch and fail the first time. Now you’re at 3rd & inches with the clock ticking away. Do you take the timeout now? Do you risk everything and try another run and hope there’s still time left to run again on 4th down? While you ponder that, I think it’s also important to note that Lynch tried to punch in a goal-line run five times during the 2015 season, yet he only scored once. So just put this play in perspective and ease up on calling this “the worst call in SuperBowl history”. From a football standpoint, it made sense.
- The new season of Game of Thrones is only a couple of months away, so I was really excited to see the new trailer “leak” online last week, too:
- Somebody needs to explain to me why Velvet Sky isn’t working with either TNA or WWE at the moment. I mean, I guess I can understand WWE because they like to mold their folks from Day One, but Sky is not only gorgeous she can work a decent match, too. Add to that her personality and potential fun with Bubba Ray on Total Divas and you would think they’d be all over her as a free agent. And as far as TNA goes, I just don’t understand why somebody like Rebel is working where Sky isn’t. No offense to Rebel or anything, but Sky’s a fixture in TNA with a ton of fans who can stay in the Knockout Division mix. How she’s not currently working right now is a damn shame.
- Alice Cooper turned 67 on Wednesday. I had the pleasure of seeing him during his “Trash the World” tour back in 1989, at the height of his “comeback” popularity. From beginning to end, it was a fantastic concert and brings us this week’s Song of the Week: